Find My Water Supplier

Our friends at can check who provides your water and sewage services by entering your postcode.
Find My Supplier
There are currently 25 water suppliers covering England, Scotland and Wales. Find out who supplies your water and sewage.
Enter a valid UK postcode
Check who provides your water and sewage
100% free
Find My Supplier

Who Is My Water Supplier?

Our friends at will be able to help you identify who supplies your water.
Unfortunately, you are unable to swap your water provider for a better price as you can for gas, electricity, or broadband.

Is there any other way for me to find out where my water comes from?

If you don't have the previous occupant's contact information, you should be able to locate your supplier quite quickly.

If you reside in Scotland, your supply will be provided by Scottish Water, a public utility.Northern Ireland Water is a water company that the government owns that provides water and waste services across Northern Ireland.

If you reside in England or Wales, your water will be supplied by one of 32 private water utilities companies. You can figure out which water supplier serves your region by visiting the Consumer Council for Water or our friends at or the Ofwat website.

If you reside on the boundary of two water zones, you can check your water supplier with the potential water suppliers directly. On the Ofwat website, you can find a complete list of contact information there.

Who deals with your sewage?

Our friends at can also check who deals with your sewage service. If your address can not be identified, you will need to speak to the estate agent/property developer or contact your water supplier directly.

What To Do In An Emergency water leak?

You can immediately switch off your water at the stop tap and notify your water provider. If they are to blame for the situation, they might be able to resolve the issue.If your water provider isn't to blame, you'll have to do the repairs yourself:

If you rent your house, your landlord will be responsible for making the required repairs after the leak occurs. As quickly as practical, inform your landlord or letting agent.

If you own your house, you'll need to hire a plumber to repair the source of the problem. You will be entitled to make a claim on your homeowners insurance policy for the repair costs and the resulting damage.

Is it possible to save cash on your water bill?

If your new home has a water meter, it's a good idea to take a reading and send it to the provider as soon as possible. That way, you will ensure that your bills are correct and that you do not end up paying for water that was used by previous occupants.

Protect the contents in your rental home.

Cover your possessions against fire, theft and other risks, such as accidental damage.
Find My Water Supplier
Nationwide’s survey of more than 1,000 tenants reveals only around half (52%) of the UK’s 4.44 million private renters2 have arranged contents insurance, which is designed to cover the cost of repair or replacement of contents in your home if they are lost, stolen, or damaged by something covered by your policy.

Search Homemigo